Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bits and Pieces of Our Days

There was an Ugly Sweater Event at school so Ramona made Atticus something to wear:


~~~~~

Finished reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever with Ramona. My girls noted that this was the first year I've ever gotten through it without crying. Am I cold? Hardened? Have I read it too many times? Have I lost my touch? 

Or was I finally just really good at hiding the fact that I was tearing up? 

~~~~~

We went to see The Force Awakens yesterday. 
I am not ready to talk about it but I have, oh, so much to say.
(If you mention it in the comments, please be sure to give spoiler alerts for anyone who hasn't seen it!) 

~~~~~

Advent has flown by, as it always does. (Advent flies, Lent crawls....) In some ways it feels like Christmas has been sneaking up on me this year, but that's okay. Every Advent has its own flavor, and no matter what I do to prepare, I can never fully prepare for or grasp the reality that Jesus became Man for me. But He did. And so we wait, we watch. We anticipate. O Come, Emmanuel! Soon, and very soon! 

5 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

That sweater is AMAZING.
Next year: more glitter...

Diane said...

Finally buckled down and bought the Audible version of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever so I could sniffle quietly.

Karen Edmisten said...

Tanita, yes! There can never be too much glitter. :)
Diane, excellent idea. :)

Joseph said...

The day has now come for everyone to receive from our Savior Jesus His blessings of joy and peace. May your family be filled with joy this season.

Karen Edmisten said...

Thank you, Joseph, and a merry Christmas season to you and yours!